July has been designated Oregon Berry Festival Restaurant Month, with berry centric menu items offered at local restaurants across the Metro area.
You’ll love the landmark Salty’s on the Columbia with its spectacular riverfront views, award-winning Northwest Seafood and Steak Cuisine and Five-Star Diamond friendly service. Voted Best Seafood Restaurant in Portland (1st Place 2010) and Best Brunch in Portland (1st Place 2010) on Portland.Citysearch.com. Come dressed up or casual!
- Oregon Harvest Salad: Organic Greens, Seasonal Berries, Chevre, Strawberry Hazelnut Vinaigrette
An authentic French neighborhood bakery and café, St. Honoré Boulangerie features handcrafted artisan breads, pastries, and savories available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The menu reflects Dominique Geulin’s heritage growing up in his family’s bakery in Normandy, France. Dominique is committed to using sustainable ingredients in his baking and visits regularly with farmers and growers — such as The Shepherd’s Grain, a farming collective located in Eastern Washington — to make sure his fruit and grains are the highest quality available. Dominique received the prestigious Meilleur Ouvrier de France award, being recognized as the best baker from late French President François Mitterand in 1990. ~ From the selection of quality ingredients to their traditional baking techniques, St. Honore’s menu reflects the French baking tradition in combination with the flavors of the season and a few forgotten desserts from long ago. In addition to honoring traditional methods, they encourage their production staff to expose their creative talents and develop their own recipes. St. Honoré is located at 2335 NW Thurman in Portland, and 315 First Street in Lake Oswego. The Thurman location is open daily from 7:00am to 8:00pm. and the Lake Oswego location is open daily from 7:00am to 7:00pm. For more information, please call 503-445-4342 (Portland); or 503-496-5596 (Lake Oswego) or Follow us on Twitter @Saint_Honore and on Facebook at St.HonoreBakery.
- Oregon Berry Pont Neuf: Tarte Pont Neuf is one of the most traditional French pastries. It was named after the oldest bridge across the Seine River in Paris, as the cross pattern on top symbolizes how the bridge and the island Île de la Cité in the middle form a big cross over the river. The two sections of the Pont Neuf are always glazed with red color, and two sections are dusted with powdered sugar, as this is the iconic look of this traditional pastry in France. Our Pont Neuf this season has a local twist. It is baked with mixed Oregon berry compote featuring Marion Berry, Blueberry and Raspberry in the bottom of puff pastry shell, covered with a custard souffle and finished with a mixed berry glaze. Ever since we introduced this pastry in 2007, it has been one of the most popular pastries at St. Honore Bakery.
Using local berries are from K Berry Farm. The farm is located in the Willamette Valley around the Silverton area.
- Oregon Berry & Portland Creamery Goat Cheese Salad with wild arugula, pickled shallots, champagne vinaigrette
- House-Made Black Pepper & Coriander Pastrami Sandwich with raspberry mustard, local berry salad, toasted Portland french bread
- Duck a la Framboise: Roasted Peking duck with local raspberry sauce and L’amis Louis potato & green bean fricassee
- Roasted Summer Steelhead with leek & Yukon potato crust, sautéed spinach, wild berry sauce
- Oregon Berry Tart: mixed local berries & lemon chiboust
- Oregon Berry Trifle: local berries layered between angel food cake, crème Chantilly in a tall glass
- Oregon Berry Shortcake: mixed local berries, fresh short cake biscuit, whipped cream, berry sauce
Salt & Straw, Portland’s farm-to-cone ice cream shop. Our ice cream is handmade in small-batches using only all-natural dairy with the best local, sustainable and organic ingredients Oregon has to offer, as well as imported flavors from small,handpicked farms and producers around the world. We start with fresh, local, all-natural cream from family owned farms in the Willamette Valley. Our ice cream is made with 17% butterfat, very little air in the churn process, and a low sweetness level…so the flavors can really shine through!
- Oregon berry ice cream flavors all summer long!
Located in the Alberta Arts district of Northeast Portland, Aviary combines urban industrial design with local art, reclaimed wood from the original site, and locally crafted lighting. With a chef’s counter, communal table and a seasonal patio, Aviary welcomes guests for dinner Monday to Saturday. The three co-chefs, Sarah Pliner, Jasper Shen, and Kat Whitehead, collaborate on an eclectic menu of small plates inspired by more than a decade of cooking experience in New York (Ducasse, Aquavit, Jean Georges, Tabla, Aldea, 5 Ninth), and Portland ( The Heathman, Giorgio’s, Couvron). The menu focuses on the creative use of quality ingredients and locally sourced product.
- Oregon Berry Cheese Cake