Home Chefs: make us your BEST Pie and Win!
Win one of three great gift basket prizes from Columbia Empire Farms.
- 1st Place: $150 Gift Basket and signed copy of The Berry Bible by Janie Hibler
- 2nd Place: $100 Gift Basket
- 3rd Place: $50 Gift Basket
Saturday, July 16 Schedule
2:00pm to 2:45pm
Register your pie
You will need to register your pie here! Only 10 pies will be chosen for judging!
Flavor: 30 points
Filling (consistency, doneness, moistness, & flavor): 25 points
Crust (color, flavor, texture, doneness): 20 points
Overall appearance: 15 points
Creativity: 10 points
- Pies can be received at the Berry Festival Information Booth an hour and a half prior to your division start time. All pies must be submitted no later than 30 minutes prior to schedule start time.
- Open to any individual who is a local NW resident; one entry per person. All ages may enter but there will be no junior division.
- Entered pie must include at least 60% Oregon blackberries in the filling. It does not have to be a “traditional” two-crust berry pie.
- May use fresh, frozen, or canned Oregon blackberries (including but not limited to Kotata, Chester, Sylvan, Black Diamond) and Marionberries.
- Wild blackberries are not valid varieties as this is a contest to promote Oregon cultivated blackberries. Home grown cultivated blackberries must be identified by variety and as home grown.
- The entire pie must be submitted for judging in a disposable aluminum pie pan.
- Recipe for the pie and pie crust must be submitted with the entry. It must be typed or printed on one side of an 8 ½ x 11 sheet of paper and must list all ingredients, quantities, and preparation instructions. Name, address, phone number, and email must be included on the backside of all pages.
- All recipes submitted will become the property of the Oregon Raspberry & Blackberry Commission and may be used as part of their public relations efforts in promoting Oregon berries.
- Refrigeration is not available at the festival; please provide your own cooler for pies needing refrigeration.
- Judge’s decision is final.