Time to dust off Grandma’s pie recipe
…and enter to win one of three great gift basket prizes from Columbia Empire Farms. Home and professional chefs will be judged separately. Read about the rules.
Saturday, July 16 Schedule
2:00pm Home Chef Division
2:45pm Pro Chef Division
Register your pie
You will need to register your pie here! Only the first 12 pies will be accepted.
- Pies can be received at the Berry Festival Information Booth an hour and a half prior to your division start time. All pies must be submitted no later than 30 minutes prior to schedule start time.
- Home Chef Division: Open to any individual who is a local NW resident; one entry per person. All ages may enter but there will be no junior division.
- Pro Chef Division: Must have a professional affiliation
- Entered pie must include at least 60% Oregon blackberries in the filling. It does not have to be a “traditional” two-crust berry pie.
- May use fresh, frozen, or canned Oregon blackberries (including but not limited to Kotata, Chester, Sylvan, Black Diamond) and Marionberries.
- Wild blackberries are not valid varieties as this is a contest to promote Oregon cultivated blackberries. Home grown cultivated blackberries must be identified by variety and as home grown.
- The entire pie must be submitted for judging in a disposable aluminum pie pan.
- Recipe for the pie and pie crust must be submitted with the entry. It must be typed or printed on one side of an 8 ½ x 11 sheet of paper and must list all ingredients, quantities, and preparation instructions. Name, address, phone number, and email must be included on the backside of all pages.
- All recipes submitted will become the property of the Oregon Raspberry & Blackberry Commission and may be used as part of their public relations efforts in promoting Oregon berries.
- Refrigeration is not available at the festival; please provide your own cooler for pies needing refrigeration.
- Judge’s decision is final.
Flavor: 30 points
Filling (consistency, doneness, moistness, & flavor): 25 points
Crust (color, flavor, texture, doneness): 20 points
Overall appearance: 15 points
Creativity: 10 points